CD NEWS.. THE SOUTHERN CROSS
This unique CD of original, traditonal ballads and world folk music, is produced and directed by two of Northern Irelands' best known performers, and is an eclectic and well crafted mix of the old, the new, the borrowed and maybe a little touch of the blues. Well worth a listen and it will be a must for the serious folk listener.
THE CD IS AVAILABLE ON RELEASE
PLEASE MAKE ENQUIRIES THROUGH OUR GUESTBOOK LINK
AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU DIRECTLY
LEAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS AND TELEPHONE NUMBER
1. My Father Was [copyright MCPS Muldrew]
A story of love and leaving from the Shamrock shore during the plantation time of the 1700's.
2. The Yellow Rose of Summer [copyright Muldrew MCPS]
This is an extremely beautiful new original ballad written by David.
3. Sweet Child of Mine. [copyright AC/DC]
A unique cleverly arranged folk instrumental of this great rock classic.
4. Caledonia Calling [copyright MCPS Muldrew]
A beautifully crafted piece of music from the Planter and the Gael musical about moving to a new land.
5.The Boys are back in Town. [ copyright Phil Lynott / Thin Lizzy ]
A great classic rock song rearranged into the folk genre and given a fresh new feel by the hand of Brendan Monaghan .
6. The Southern Cross [copyright MCPS Muldrew]
The CD title track and a personal song written about emmigration and deportation to Australian shores.
7. The Flower of the County Down, arranged in a completely new and original way [ traditional MCPS Muldrew Monaghan]
A beautiful song from Northern Ireland performed and arranged with care and thought using the original words and changing the jig to a more modern ballad.
8. The Roseville Fair [ copyright Bill Staines ]
Brendan sings his version of this great American country folk song.
9. Eastern Paddy and the French Gavotte. [copyright Brendan Monaghan MCPS]
Two beautiful tunes played by Brendan, the first self penned and the second given by the late Pat Connolly from Downpatrick, a gentleman and great friend.
10.Come back to Me. [copyright MCPS Muldrew]
An upbeat love sung written by David in the American Bluegrass feel with Irish undertones.
11.The Planter and the Gael Suite.
A great arrangement of new original traditional tunes written by Brendan Monaghan [MCPS]